13 20 32
Westpac began trading on 8 April, 1817 as the Bank of New South Wales with a single office in Macquarie Place, Sydney. In 1982, with the merger of the Commercial Bank of Australia, it changed its name to Westpac Banking Corporation. On 23 August 2002, Westpac was registered as a public company limited by shares under the Australian Corporations Act (2001). In December 2008, Westpac merged with St.George Bank Limited.